There are things that trouble me these days. Just to name a few:
- Too many things are going on in the world. Far too many. Can’t people live within their means? Can’t they help those less fortunate before things get too salty out there? Can’t we accept someone else’s opinions without hysterics?
- I have too little time to read. Or write. There are too few books out there worthy of my time, and when I ask someone what they think of my latest book, they say, “Whaaat?”
- Taxes are too complicated. And the money never goes for things I’d like it to.
- I’m aging way too fast. That look in the morning mirror no longer seems like a photo – now it’s more like a movie.
- It’s too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.
- All the things I like to eat are bad for me and put weight on me.
- Everyone I know has too many problems – health-wise and otherwise.
- I used to be 1-1/2 inches taller than I am now. I don’t like that.
- Going somewhere on a commercial airliner is miserable and cramped. And no one offers me a ride there in their Lear jet.
- I don’t go to movies much anymore. And if the guy sitting in front of me is wearing a long black overcoat he won’t take off, I’m outta there.
All this to say that 2018 is going to mean changes for me. I’m not sure yet what they are, but you’ll see some evidence of them on this blog. Now, I admit there are a lot of blogs out there. And mine may seem the least consequential one you’ve ever read. I’m pretty sure, though, that readership ups and downs will be paralleled by the number and attitude of my posts. Yes, the picture above is of me, taken on a particularly bad day. It takes readership to keep this blog going, so if you want me to clean up, make a big deal of it every time I post.
Visit our website here, where you’ll find more on books and media. There’s also a Facebook fan page if you can find it. On both you’ll discover more on ideas and events that matter to us — and possibly to you.